Sunday, September 19, 2010

NAS Oceana Air Show

I went to my very first air show yesterday! I had so much fun. Chris and I sat in traffic for two hours trying to get there but it was all worth it when the USN Blue Angels flew. I have only seen one other thing more amazing in my life and that was watching the USS Ramage pull in from a seven month deployment. When we got there we were starving so we stood in like forever at the gyro stand and I ate my first gyro! It was alright, but I could have done without the onions! Anyway, we ate our gyros and waited for the show to start. The USN Blue Angels started out by flying Fat Albert around for about ten minutes and then the real show started. They did some heart pounding tricks. It was amazing. I have never seen an airplane do something that amazing in my life. I know this probably is stupid to a lot of people that have been to air shows before but it was my very first one and I was utterly amazed. I was so glad that Chris was off work yesterday and we got to go together and spend the day with each other. It feels like we never do anything together anymore except stay at home like a lazy old married couple lol. I love my wonderful life with him though! I went to the air show again today with Amanda and Aiden. It seems like when me and Amanda do something we never think it through. We didn't have to wait in much traffic trying to get there today but like retards, we forgot money! Who forgets cash when you go to something like that! So we didn't have any money to get anything so drink and after we sat there for 3 hours under the hot beating after noon sun we were thirsty! Aiden got a little sunburned so we decided that we would go ahead and leave... little did we know that we would have to sit in traffic for 45 minutes trying to leave! I didn't get to watch the Blue Angels again today but I did see the new F22 Raptor fly today and some guys parachute to the ground, blowing red smoke behind them. It was fun today too.
USN Blue Angels
After we finally got off base, we went to Target to get Chris a pillow for the ship because he has duty tonight. He threw his away the other day because he says it was flat and lumpy.. lol, boys. So I got him a new pillow and bought some crisco to attempt the fried chicken tomorrow night. I saw Chris on the ship for a little bit and then came home. Cricket had been horrible since I got home but she's finally asleep under the computer chair now. I made a 7 11 run with Michelle and finally added music to my blog! I'm pretty sure I've been rambling for quite a while now. That happens when you're home alone and have no one to talk to!


Peace! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment