Wednesday, February 15, 2012

HOMECOMING 2012

In my attempt to keep up with my blog in November, I failed. So, here I am again, this time announcing the homecoming of my husband!

On January 27th, 2012, after 253 days, my sailor is back in my arms. This is a homecoming I don't think anyone is soon to forget. They were calling for rain, we got a freaking monsoon! We saw the ship, it was rounding the corner, everyone was screaming, crying, jumping up and down, waving flags and BOOM.... rain so hard it was blowing sideways! Everyone was soaking wet.. so much for that amazing appearance when you see your sailor, no way, not in this mess! We all ran and got back inside the tent. Mind you, this was about a 200 person tent. They decided they would bring the sailors to us.. in the tent. Can you can CROWDED?! But who cares! I got my sailor back and my photographer/friend managed to get some pictures even with the crowd of people.

We went to Illinois for two weeks and now we are back home in VA and he's back to work. I miss having him home all day everyday!






Hope this post finds everyone well!



No comments:

Post a Comment