Friday, February 24, 2012

A Fallen Hero


Tonight I write with a heavy heart. Yesterday a friend of mine received the devastating news that her husband had been killed in action in Afghanistan. A widow at the young age of only 22. Joshua Born had only been in Afghanistan about 7 weeks when an insurgent turned his gun on him and another soldier. Megan and Josh had two wonderful years together. I pray for the strength and peace of this beautiful young woman in the days ahead of her. She will bring her beloved soldier home tomorrow. I have very few words as I'm trying to write this post. I feel so broken hearted for her. I just hug my husband and I'm even more thankful now that he came home from his deployment safe. I can't imagine carrying on without him. Megan doesn't have to just imagine it, she now has to live it. Please, to all who read this, keep Megan and her family in your prayers during this devastating time of heartache. Never take anything for granted. RIP Joshua Born.




No comments:

Post a Comment